continued..

Ok, so it's proven that I am the world's worst blogger. But anyway...on with the posting.

Our trip to Ethiopia was amazing. I still dream about it, cry about it. Wish I was there now. Wonder if there is another baby waiting for us. I still celebrate with other families traveling, receiving their referrals, waiting for court.

I love Ethiopia.

The country that gave me this hand:


And this baby:




Also gave me these memories:

Everything I thought Ethiopia was:
Banana stands everywhere:
Donkey delivery service.


And that which I didn't
Children singing in morning sun at the school
Beautiful city parks
My injera lesson: I was not good at this.





And it was good...if only we could go back, if only for a moment.

1 comment:

Jill said...

So simply put but speaks volumes. I, too, long to go back. Ache to go back.

 

© 2011 Designed by Simply Whimsy Designs All rights reserved.