21 things

In honor of my birthday....(and no, I'm not 21. But my birthday falls on the 21st of the month, so there!)

21) I'm a homebody.

20) I love cereal. Especially raisin bran--and oatmeal. And Rice Crispies, but only with bananas on top.

19) I have a very hard time picking my favorites of anything. I could not begin to choose my favorite foods, books, music, colors, hobbies, anything. I like so much.

18) Most of my family does not live in the same state as me....I miss them.

17) I had always wanted to be fluent in sign language (I'm not) And be left handed. (I'm not)

16) I work as a Registered Nurse. My husband paid for my college education.

15) I am very blessed by my co workers. They are awesome, I love them dearly. They challenge me and make me a better person.

14) I married my high school sweetheart. Lucky me!

13) DO NOT LIKE SCARY MOVIES!

12) I always wanted to be Laura Ingalls when I was a child. Actually it was probably Lauren Ingalls or something like that, as I wanted Laura to be my neighbor and best friend. And bring some horses too.

11) I was never boy crazy as a child, but I was very horse crazy.

10) I have never been, nor will ever be, drunk.

9) I love growing food in the garden.

8) I love making things from scratch, yogurt, jam, lotion, laundry soap, dishwasher soap etc, cookies, soup, you get the point. May have something to do with my childhood bff, Laura.

7) I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to mother children through birth and adoption.

6) I love my dogs, but am painfully aware that they have access to cleaner water, better quality food, and top rate health care in comparison to many humans in the world.

5) It makes me profoundly sad to know there are Mamas that are unable to provide even basic needs for their children.

4) I sometimes have a secret wish to live in a quiet small place with no power or water and just really live.

3) I have a real wish to travel to Ethiopia again with the same fantastic group of families that went with us the first time. They were awesome and I miss being there with them.

2) Traveling half way around the world to fill your waiting arms with a child is a phenomenal life changing event. I would never change it and would do it again.

1) It's only by God's grace and mercy that this girl's life has been possible. And I'm grateful.

2 comments:

Le said...

Happy, happy birthday. Laura was my best friend too:)

Robin Fine said...

Loved reading this! You and are so much alike... We will have to make plans when the girls are older to travel back to Ethiopia:o)

 

© 2011 Designed by Simply Whimsy Designs All rights reserved.